Tuesday, September 1, 2009

God at a Railroad Crossing

This testimony is fresh from the Korean peninsula. God continues to work and move to do His will among those who will seek Him.

Let me tell you about the first time I came to China. It was with my brother-in-law. He has visited for several years and has been helped through his friendship with the church. Often he tried to persuade me to have faith in the God he met. But I ignored his encouragement.

Well, I have many questions about God. Does God really exist, like my brother-in-law always is saying? Hey, if God exists, why does he let North Korean people stay so poor?' If God really loves humans so much, why does He let North Koreans die by starvation? Also, Just how big is this God? Does He even have the power to help humans? I didn't believe God, but I had a lot of questions. On this China visit, I began to get some answers.

You'll never believe what happened as we made our way from NK to China. Around 4 a.m., we tried to cross over a railroad passage into China, but we were just frozen. We somehow went the wrong way, and passed up the train tunnel. Suddenly we saw 2 NK guards. There was just 40 meters between the guards and us. It was light out, we couldn't do anything.

My brother-in-law prayed to God, "God, please help us!" The prayer was really quiet and very simple, and he prayed it again and again. And then he said "Let's go." I couldn't move. Not even one step. I shook my head, but he began to walk.

I couldn't believe it! We made clearly audible sounds with our steps, but the guards never even looked at us! What was happening?

Brother said God had heard his prayer, and made the guards blind and deaf to us. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't understand such a thing with common sense, but it had happened. I began to believe in God's existence after His amazing help.

With this experience, I decided to believe God. I accepted Jesus as my Savior, and my Lord.

God is my salvation, my shelter. Jesus is my joy, my hope.

Thank you, God. Thank you Jesus.

One at a time He builds His glorious Kingdom. Thanks for praying.

Look for Bob Faulkner's home page on http://sermonaudio.com. There you will find a combination of love for the Scriptures and a desire for North Korean believers to have their needs met. There are nearly 300 blogs, over 200 Bible teaching MP3's, lists of resources, NK picture albums, and ways to respond to the overwhelming need in North Korea. Let's love Chosun together! Contact me any time at diakonos3@gmail.com

And who am I? A man found of God over 50 years ago, called to the ministry, serving the Lord as needed in my world. Married, member of a local church in the Chicago area, with full time work in public education. Would love to fellowship with believers who respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment